Updated: Apr 9
At last, you’ve collected your dress, briefed your venue and/or wedding planner for the final time, made sure your groom knows what he’s doing and frantically worked your way through all your checklists you’ve been compiling for months. Everything’s almost ready for the biggest day of your life after months of preparations and planning, during which you feel like you’ve truly become an expert on wedding planning.
So…….take a deep breath – it’s time to think about you and check that you have everything you need to enhance your well-being and ensure that you look your very best on your big day. Most of the things you’ll need on the day, or the evening before, will be fairly obvious – your favourite body lotion, make-up for touching up your face throughout the day, hair products, your jewellery and your gorgeous bridal shoes (together with comfort pads and blister plasters!) Then there’s the bridal party gifts you have so carefully chosen for your Bridesmaids to thank them for supporting you and keeping you calm as you approach the time when you are truly going to be the star of the show – even if it’s only for one day.
In the midst of all the stress and hectic getting ready, you need to ensure that you have done everything you can to make sure that you look glowing, rested and utterly glamorous. Here is a list of essentials you might not have thought of that I really found helped me look my very best on my recent wedding day. A few not so obvious things that are actually essential items to pack in your wedding suitcase, or, if you’re getting married from home, have to hand as you get ready on your last morning.
So, here they are; a list of five essentials that you might not have thought of when there’s so many other things to think of:
· Charlotte Tilbury Magic Facial Dry Sheet Mask. This amazing facial mask promises, and delivers, results in just 15 minutes. It hydrates, visibly smooths and brightens your skin for a gorgeous dewy complexion. I recommend using this the morning of your wedding to give your skin a beautiful glow and to create a lovely base before your makeup is applied.
· As well as all your facial make up essentials, it’s a great idea to invest in a really good body highlighter drawing attention to clavicles and shoulders and give them a lusciously, healthy glow. Try Dior Backstage or Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Highlighter in Champagne Pop.
· Invest in a mulberry silk pillow case for a luxurious night’s sleep the day before your big day; the hydrating and smoothing qualities of natural silk will help to ensure that both your skin and hair are in tip top condition.
· A hair mask applied the evening before your wedding is really worth considering to protect your hair from wedding hair styling and ensure that your ‘hair do’ brushes out easily post-wedding. Hair masks are rich in naturally hydrating oil that soak deep into the fibres of the hair restoring moisture and volume. Try Olaplex Leave In No 3 Hair Protector or Kerastase Chronologiste Masque.
· The item I found most difficult to source for my wedding day was a silk dressing gown to wear on my wedding morning. I figured that I would be spending all of my wedding morning getting ready and being photographed so decided that it was an important part of my wedding wardrobe. Unfortunately, the dressing gowns I found were either polyester satin or fairly expensive silk ones (I wasn’t too keen on having ‘bride’ emblazoned across my chest either!) In fact the lack of choice was one of the reasons that I set up my business Liv Lindley Silk Studio, using my experience as a buyer for silk accessories to design and source the perfect silk dressing gown for a reasonable price. Available in ivory or blush pink, my silk dressing gowns will give you film-star glamour for your most important getting ready session, look great in your photos and be a gorgeous wardrobe essential for your wedding night and honeymoon.
Hope this is useful for you as you plan your big day; the list of things to do and organise can be over-whelming but a few minutes thinking about you and your well-being will ensure you look, and feel, your very best. Good luck!